A quick reminder on how to setup advanced search in SharePoint (just in case I forget – its pretty intuitive to set up, but I do it infrequently).
Enable advanced search
- Go to portal settings page
- Click configure search and indexing
- Click enable advanced search and appropriate confirms.
Add reference to site collection
- On the portal, click on sites
- On the actions menu, select “Add Link to site”
- Specify the title (can be anything) and the url of the site collection e.g. http://myservername/sites/testsite and click ok
Running the search index
- Go to portal Settings
- Go to Configure Search And Indexing
- Go to manage content indexes
- click drop down for “non_portal_content” and click “start full update”
Add Document properties to the advanced search:
- Go to portal settings
- Select Manage Properties from Crawled Documents
- Expand Urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office
- Click the relevant field(s) you want to use advanced search on and tick “Include this property in Advanced Search Options” and “Display this property in item details in search Results”.
- After doing so, you will probably want to run the search index again as above.