Using OM to access Lists in another web app / Random Notes

I had to access a list on a SharePoint web app from another web app on the same farm using code, but experienced a sql exception. The app pool accounts had least privilege, but the accounts of the user had restricted reader rights to both web apps (and app pool account as i tried running with elevated privileges). It turns out that if your executing code against a web app outside of your current context, you need to have rights to the db on the server.

I ended up reading via webservices and converting to a datatable, similar to the following.

Unrelated, here is a good article on making web.config mods via a feature receiver.

Here is another unrelated article about group policy (something i never fully remember).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>